Skip to main content

Silly Season

So, I just finished my first job house sitting. Not bad pay, considering all the luxuries I had, including endless Cd's, DVDs and Xbox games - a TV junkie like myself's dream.

I spent 5 nights at the house - a compact, 2 story complex type house, but it was comfy. I didn't spend much time there, mostly fed the 2 dogs and cats and came and went. The animals were friendly, however, for the one cat, Zack, who took a while to get use to a stranger in the house.

Alice
Toby


Chloe

Zack
I've mostly been riding my bike around since the roads are quieter, and i can feel the confidence and cockiness growing. Wednesday wasn't a good day though. From the rain, the sand was soft, and as i was closing the gate before i had a chance to turn around i heard the sound...  JL's side stand had dug into the soft soil and slipped too low, to a point he fell over. Of course i couldn't lift him, so my mom and i made a quick job of lifting him to find the clutch had broken.

Luckily, there is an Aprillia shop around the corner from the house i was sitting, so after fetching the keys we were able to order the part (the factory was closing on the Thursday at lunch time, so we got in just in time). By the next day, we got the clutch, I fitted it, and off I rode for another adventure.

Friday I finished work early, so my mom fetched me from the house and we went to the Baron for lunch, before going home for and hour, followed by a visit to the Hemers. Of course, since I was drinking, and it was getting dark, we left at 7, and my mom dropt me back at the house.

Saturday, Christmas day, was spent sending early messages to everyone. at 8 i made my way home, so see what Santa had bought, and have a mini Christmas. Afterwards, I went back to the house, where my mom fetched me to take me to my Aunts house for Christmas lunch. We came back later in the afternoon, exhausted from the food and travel.

Sunday my mom came to the house, where i made brunch. Nothing fancy, but clearly we weren't very hungry. After my mom left I spent the rest of the day past out on the coach watching movies and walking the dogs.

Monday was a public holiday, and so I decide we should go play adventure golf. Haven't played in ages, and clearly we were a bit rusty - in my case not at hitting the ball in the water. Afterwards we had some lunch at Mug and Bean - my lunch consisted of a peppermint crisp slice of cake since i couldn't stomach much more food. Afterwards we walked around a bit and chatted to some people we knew along the way. After my mom had left i continued to browse around for a bit before heading to the house. I then decided to take a walk to Monte to see about Christmas shopping,  and boy, i can feel the arms from carrying those heavy packets back. If that wasn't enough i walked the dogs round the block - my feet hated me for that.
Once again my night was filled with movies, Pretty Woman in particular.

Tuesday back to work. Got an early phone call from a client, causing me to leave the house 30 minutes earlier than planned. I guess the neighbors have had enough of me, and all my bike revving, guitar hero singing, and 5:30 am vacuuming.

Tomorrow i plan to go to the shops to pick up one little piece, to complete my Christmas shopping, then i can wrap. Need to sort out the house sometime this week, since Saturday my dad comes home, so we will probably do Christmas part 2 then. Bu of course Friday night is new years, and some of us are thinking of heading off to Jet for a night to celebrate, so we will see how well Saturday goes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grain free Date Bread

A few weeks ago one of my dad's clients baked what we think was a date bread. Although I am mostly low carb and didnt know the ingredients of this bread, there was so much of it and I didnt want it to go to waste. Toasted, it was amazing, almost like a caramel taste. In all honesty, I found my running for the few days I ate the bread actually improved - I felt more energetic and had more endurance. I searched for a low carb or gluten free version that I can make myself. Carb wise you looking at about 15g on average per date, making it basically your enemy if you are low carb. Rather opt for cranberries - 13g per cup. As an athlete though, dates are so good for you - in moderation of course as 90% of the carbs in a date is sugar. Medjool Dates are high in Potassium (higher than oranges, bananas and spinach), which is great for heart health and to build muscle and proteins in the body. They are also high in fibre, meaning you stay fuller for longer. You also get an energy

HIIT #1

HIIT otherwise known as High Intensity Interval Training is a great way to get your heartrate up and get a full body workout in a short amount of time.  As the name suggests, the exercises used are often intense and the short recovery adds to it.  Most HIIT sessions are 20 seconds of workout, 10 seconds of recovery. I like to do 2 exercises per set, for 4 reps with 1 minute recovery and 4 sets in total to make up 20 minutes. If you are feeling up to it, you can increase a rep a week, but remember it is about intensity and not about overall time or seeing how much you can do.  Below are the exercises that I did yesterday: The workout I did: Set 1: Hurdles & Cones / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 seconds hurdles, 10 seconds recovery, 20 seconds Shuttle Run, 10 seconds recovery) Set 2: Speed band high knees / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 seconds High Knees, 10 seconds recovery, 20 seconds Shuttle Run, 10 seconds recovery) Set 3: Banded lateral shuffle / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 se

SA Lockdown - Days 1-4

So we have made it 4 days into lockdown... yippeee :) I thought I would recap my first 4 days into lockdown. To start off, I am still working, from home of course, so I still need to be available from about 7am to about 4pm. As such, I try get my workouts in before and after this time except on the weekend and the pre-lunch workouts (which are nice and quick). Day 1 Friday, 27 March My dads birthday - we were planning on going to craft beer library in Linden but of course with the lockdown we were not able to (something to do once we are out of lockdown). I decided to make one of my favorite cakes, an almond cake, but I made it gluten free as I am trying to be 80-90% gluten free following doctors orders. I started nice and early, so that it would be ready for my dads teatime break. The recipe can be found here , but I doubled up because it looked on the thin side: 230g Butter 4 Eggs 2 cup gluten free flour 2 cups castor sugar 4 tsp almond extract Sliced almond