Skip to main content

New Years

New Years 2010/ 2011... What an experience!

Christine, Belinda and myself decided to go to Jet at the Dome by Northgate to celebrate the New Year, and it just so happened that they were having a 'beach party' outside - slightly different to my last New Year spent in a plane back from England.
I got to Christine's house at just after 5, and we went to fetch Belz from her work. I was ready to party and kept the entertainment going both there and back.Once we got back to Christine's house, I downloaded Belz pics from her birthday and started getting ready while Christine had her hair straightened by Belz (never trust me with a hair straightener if you still want hair!)


After posing for pics, we popped open a bottle of champagne and toasted to an early New Year, before setting off for the club at roughly 8pm.


Jet was interesting, but it got to a point where it was like 'Spot the white / black', Indians were everywhere. Drinks were also difficult to come by, as people pushed in lines at the bars, it was a competition as to who came stretch out their arm the furthest - memo to the organizes to get more bartenders. As people drunk more, the more people came to us. It started with a black guy, who made a move for me, but got the hint and went for Belz. Later while Belz and the black guy were dancing, an Indian guy made a move for Christine (he later got her number), and this left me happily dancing alone wishing I had a camera to capture this moment.
For our third drink we  went inside to one of the dance floor bars to get drinks as it wasn't busy. We spent a few minutes on the dance floor before being swamped by people, and it turns out it was raining outside. We ended up moving from dance floor to dance floor in search of better music, and found some pretty awesome people, who Belz got close to - we even managed to find a stripper pole ;)

After 12 the rain let down a bit and Christine and I went outside for some air and drinks. People were still partying it up on the beach. Going back into the club to get Belz, 'Jack Parow' introduced himself, but after giving him some flack, he said his name was Trent and introduced us to some of his friends. Belz went down to the beach to get a drink, but was not impressed as the rain suddenly came down again. We continued to party inside, before Christine and I went to the beach to party - Belz decided to stay inside with her new friends.

Me, Jason and Michael
The rain was refreshing, and the music and people were more accommodating than inside. After joining a train and doing a lap of the beach, I saw the one guy I was interested in. So we stopped, and tried my best to join the circle where the guys were. The black guy that was dancing with us earlier in the evening found me, and started dancing with me - by this time Belz and the others had found us, and Christine joined them. Eventually one of the guys looked at me, and all I could say was "Help me". He managed to get rid of the guy, and I made my move. Jason and Michael, two awesome guys, great drunk dancers, and charmers - Jason even bought me a drink and was impressed that I was a fan of beer. I spent the next 30 minutes with them and their friends before they had to go. Lets just say that I got a good start to a New Year, but with the wrong person...


After they left, I went in search of Belz and Christine, but couldn't find them, so I ended up dancing by myself, and having a blast. After ditching an Indian that was dancing with me on the stage, I made my way outside with beer in hand, and got in contact with Belz to find out they were waiting by the exit. As I tried to leave and got stopped and told I have to finish my drink before I go, so I promptly downed the drink, and met the others outside.



We were home by 3, but spent the next 2 hours talking, looking at all the pics (most of which were posed), and reminiscing the night that was, and what the new year holds for us.

A night to remember, and an awesome start to a New Year....=D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grain free Date Bread

A few weeks ago one of my dad's clients baked what we think was a date bread. Although I am mostly low carb and didnt know the ingredients of this bread, there was so much of it and I didnt want it to go to waste. Toasted, it was amazing, almost like a caramel taste. In all honesty, I found my running for the few days I ate the bread actually improved - I felt more energetic and had more endurance. I searched for a low carb or gluten free version that I can make myself. Carb wise you looking at about 15g on average per date, making it basically your enemy if you are low carb. Rather opt for cranberries - 13g per cup. As an athlete though, dates are so good for you - in moderation of course as 90% of the carbs in a date is sugar. Medjool Dates are high in Potassium (higher than oranges, bananas and spinach), which is great for heart health and to build muscle and proteins in the body. They are also high in fibre, meaning you stay fuller for longer. You also get an energy

HIIT #1

HIIT otherwise known as High Intensity Interval Training is a great way to get your heartrate up and get a full body workout in a short amount of time.  As the name suggests, the exercises used are often intense and the short recovery adds to it.  Most HIIT sessions are 20 seconds of workout, 10 seconds of recovery. I like to do 2 exercises per set, for 4 reps with 1 minute recovery and 4 sets in total to make up 20 minutes. If you are feeling up to it, you can increase a rep a week, but remember it is about intensity and not about overall time or seeing how much you can do.  Below are the exercises that I did yesterday: The workout I did: Set 1: Hurdles & Cones / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 seconds hurdles, 10 seconds recovery, 20 seconds Shuttle Run, 10 seconds recovery) Set 2: Speed band high knees / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 seconds High Knees, 10 seconds recovery, 20 seconds Shuttle Run, 10 seconds recovery) Set 3: Banded lateral shuffle / Shuttle Runs (4 sets - 20 se

SA Lockdown - Days 1-4

So we have made it 4 days into lockdown... yippeee :) I thought I would recap my first 4 days into lockdown. To start off, I am still working, from home of course, so I still need to be available from about 7am to about 4pm. As such, I try get my workouts in before and after this time except on the weekend and the pre-lunch workouts (which are nice and quick). Day 1 Friday, 27 March My dads birthday - we were planning on going to craft beer library in Linden but of course with the lockdown we were not able to (something to do once we are out of lockdown). I decided to make one of my favorite cakes, an almond cake, but I made it gluten free as I am trying to be 80-90% gluten free following doctors orders. I started nice and early, so that it would be ready for my dads teatime break. The recipe can be found here , but I doubled up because it looked on the thin side: 230g Butter 4 Eggs 2 cup gluten free flour 2 cups castor sugar 4 tsp almond extract Sliced almond