Skip to main content

Parsley Tea

Recently I saw a post on Instagram about Parsley Tea. I have been trying to cut down on my herbal tea and coffee, but with the colder weather it has been hard - and hot water is just disgusting.
I did some research on what parsley tea was about and what benefits it has.

Parsley is high in vitamin K, C, A, E, and B vitamins. Parsley also provides fiber, iron, copper, calcium, and potassium. But since you don't eat the parsley in your tea, you won't benefit from fiber and you'll get only very small amounts of other vitamins and minerals.

Benefits:


  • High in antioxidants
  • May Promote Blood Sugar Control
  • Kidney stones
  • Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
  • Digestive problems
  • Menstrual problems
  • Liver disorders
  • Fluid retention and swelling (edema)


Side Effects: 

People who consume too much parsley may experience anemia, liver or kidney problems.


Having now tried parsley tea, it strangely reminds me of chicken soup - my dad found it 'earthy'. It was not as strong as I was expecting, but maybe I didnt put enough parsley in my cup. I have found it easy to drink and actually freshing.

How I made my parsley tea:

I took a few leaves (not a whole stem), about 15g, put them in a cup, followed by hot water.
I give the leaves and water a quick stir before leaving to steep for about 5 minutes.
When ready I take the leaves out.

Depending on your taste, you can add lemon and honey to the drink, but so far I have only tried it plain.

I have only been drinking this tea for a few days now and I can't say I have found any health differences but it definitely is convenient, tasty and makes a change to drinking other herbal tea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grain free Date Bread

A few weeks ago one of my dad's clients baked what we think was a date bread. Although I am mostly low carb and didnt know the ingredients of this bread, there was so much of it and I didnt want it to go to waste. Toasted, it was amazing, almost like a caramel taste. In all honesty, I found my running for the few days I ate the bread actually improved - I felt more energetic and had more endurance. I searched for a low carb or gluten free version that I can make myself. Carb wise you looking at about 15g on average per date, making it basically your enemy if you are low carb. Rather opt for cranberries - 13g per cup. As an athlete though, dates are so good for you - in moderation of course as 90% of the carbs in a date is sugar. Medjool Dates are high in Potassium (higher than oranges, bananas and spinach), which is great for heart health and to build muscle and proteins in the body. They are also high in fibre, meaning you stay fuller for longer. You also get an energy ...

Homemade Fat Bombs

Fat bombs are excellent if you are following a keto diet, and are struggling to meet your fat requirements or if you maybe need a fat burst before or during exercise.  I found a recipe on The Banting Chef , but it doesn't say how many blocks the recipe yields. As I was making dinner at the same time and do not have freezer space I sort of winged it with my own recipe: Ingredients:  2 x 4 blocks Mojome Sugar-Free Chocolate 80G — Cacao Nib + Rock Salt (86% Cacao) 1/2 tsp erythritol 1/4 tsp Peppermint Essence 12 tsp coconut oil melted Method: Melt 1x4 blocks chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil and place in a small container Mix 10 tsp coconut, peppermint essence and erythritol separately and pour over chocolate Place container in freezer for about 15 minutes Melt 1x4 blocks chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil and pour over frozen mixture in container Place container in freezer I cut this block into 4 small pieces - try to keep these pieces ...

Orienteering @ The Wilds

The Wilds Municipal Nature Reserve, 28 April 2019 Heading in to the event, I was a bit nervous firstly in terms of navigation and secondly in terms of running. Running has been my advantage this season and with a recent tendon injury in my foot, I wasn't sure how much strain I was going to take out there. Normally I do about a 10km run before events, but because of my injury I had to miss it. I still went for a 1km warm-up, to prepare my body. I decided to go nearly last - I find I focus better if I am behind people, instead of thinking the whole time of who is going to pass me. I started 2 minutes behind Tania. Start > #1: Followed the bottom path. Wasted time as I thought I had missed the control and was trying to figure out where on the path I was when I crossed the path that led to the gate. I continued going after I though I knew where I was, but it was a very good start. Initially I thought the control was on the right, but it was actually on the left. Easy to spot ...