Skip to main content

Brentano Origin

After my post today, delving into the meaning of my name, I decided to share the meaning and origin of my surname Brentano

Most people who see this surname automatically think Italian, and they are not that far off actually...

Brentano Early Origins:

First found in Austria, where the ae become noted for its many branches, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the family became a power unto themselves and was elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family. The name is actually Italian in origin and comes from the river Brenta in northern Italy; bearers of the Brentano name moved northwards to Austria and Bavaria in the 18th century.


Motto

The motto was originally a war cry or slogan. mottoes first began to be shown with arms in the 14th and 15th centuries, but were not in use until the 17th century. thus the oldest  coats of arms generally do not include a motto. Mottoes seldom form part of the grant of arms: under most  heraldic authorities a motto is an optional component of the coat of arms, and can be added to or changed at will; many families have chosen not to display a motto.

Motto: In fortitudine prudentia
Motto translation: The strength of wisdom



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grain free Date Bread

A few weeks ago one of my dad's clients baked what we think was a date bread. Although I am mostly low carb and didnt know the ingredients of this bread, there was so much of it and I didnt want it to go to waste. Toasted, it was amazing, almost like a caramel taste. In all honesty, I found my running for the few days I ate the bread actually improved - I felt more energetic and had more endurance. I searched for a low carb or gluten free version that I can make myself. Carb wise you looking at about 15g on average per date, making it basically your enemy if you are low carb. Rather opt for cranberries - 13g per cup. As an athlete though, dates are so good for you - in moderation of course as 90% of the carbs in a date is sugar. Medjool Dates are high in Potassium (higher than oranges, bananas and spinach), which is great for heart health and to build muscle and proteins in the body. They are also high in fibre, meaning you stay fuller for longer. You also get an energy ...

Homemade Fat Bombs

Fat bombs are excellent if you are following a keto diet, and are struggling to meet your fat requirements or if you maybe need a fat burst before or during exercise.  I found a recipe on The Banting Chef , but it doesn't say how many blocks the recipe yields. As I was making dinner at the same time and do not have freezer space I sort of winged it with my own recipe: Ingredients:  2 x 4 blocks Mojome Sugar-Free Chocolate 80G — Cacao Nib + Rock Salt (86% Cacao) 1/2 tsp erythritol 1/4 tsp Peppermint Essence 12 tsp coconut oil melted Method: Melt 1x4 blocks chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil and place in a small container Mix 10 tsp coconut, peppermint essence and erythritol separately and pour over chocolate Place container in freezer for about 15 minutes Melt 1x4 blocks chocolate with 1 tsp coconut oil and pour over frozen mixture in container Place container in freezer I cut this block into 4 small pieces - try to keep these pieces ...

Orienteering @ The Wilds

The Wilds Municipal Nature Reserve, 28 April 2019 Heading in to the event, I was a bit nervous firstly in terms of navigation and secondly in terms of running. Running has been my advantage this season and with a recent tendon injury in my foot, I wasn't sure how much strain I was going to take out there. Normally I do about a 10km run before events, but because of my injury I had to miss it. I still went for a 1km warm-up, to prepare my body. I decided to go nearly last - I find I focus better if I am behind people, instead of thinking the whole time of who is going to pass me. I started 2 minutes behind Tania. Start > #1: Followed the bottom path. Wasted time as I thought I had missed the control and was trying to figure out where on the path I was when I crossed the path that led to the gate. I continued going after I though I knew where I was, but it was a very good start. Initially I thought the control was on the right, but it was actually on the left. Easy to spot ...